Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Stories from the New York Islanders Press Box: PA Parenteau Interview


I was down at the Nassau Coliseum this afternoon working on a few stories and decided to talk to Islanders winger PA Parenteau about his contract extension he signed with the team. On most days I would walk over to the player I was going to interview, say hello how are you and begin the interview and today was no different.

Sitting next Parenteau was his good buddy, roommate, teammate, and the Islanders most outspoken player Zenon Konopka. Konopka, for those who don't know, is a very charismatic and loves to joke around. So it should have come as no surprise when he started to engage himself into the conversation I was having with PA Parenteau.



Now that wasn't the first time I've seen the guys chirp each other while someone was talking to a member of the media, but it was the first time I was encountered one on one in the situation. During past experiences this would happen when one player was with a larger group of reporters or talking to the beat writer (aka Newsday's Katie Strang). 

An interesting day indeed covering the New York Islanders and another story to tell about my continuing adventures in the press box of the New York Islanders

No comments:

Post a Comment